Waatea Early Childhood Centre strives to bring forth tamariki who have a strong sense of their cultural and social identity. We base our practice on three educational pillars: Te Whāriki – the New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum, Te Ao Māori and relevant Steiner pedagogies.
We are committed to:
- providing a safe and nurturing environment that is filled with Aroha, Manaakitanga and Whakawhanaungatanga;
- Kaupapa Māori practices interwoven with Steiner pedagogies;
- providing an environment where children are encouraged to unleash their imaginations, take risks, and be active participants in their learning;
- working alongside our whānau to develop respectful and trusting partnerships;
- ensuring that each individual child has the opportunity to develop their physical, emotional, social, cognitive and language skills;
- demonstrating knowledge and skills in providing a curriculum that empowers children to learn and grow as confident and competent members of this learning community.
- the duel heritage of Aotearoa and the importance of the partnership between Māori as Tangata Whenua and Pakeha as outlined in Te Tiriti o Waitangi;
- our parents and whānau as teachers of their children, and their input and participation in our centre and programme;
- the growth and professional development of our teachers.
- the uniqueness of each child and how they learn
- that a child’s development in the early years is critical to their future development
- that these first years are an important time for children to play, explore, try new things and to have fun.
Enrolling at Waatea ECC:
There are no charges to enrol your tamaiti/ngā tamariki at the ECC. There are also no fees here at Waatea ECC. The hours are 9am-3pm Monday-Friday. The age of care is 2years-5years of age. The ECC is only closed on public holidays and the Christmas holidays. Children are required to have their own packed lunch every day.
If you are interested in enrolling your tamaiti at Waatea ECC please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will have to complete an enrolment form and will need to present the following documents:
- Proof of identity (Birth Certificate/Passport or Citizenship)
- Record of current up to date immunisation record (if immunised)